“Using Music to Learn Vocabulary” is back with its fifth installment!
1. Maudlin: “Eighth Avenue” by Hospitality
Maudlin means self-pityingly or tearfully sentimental.
2. Rubbernecker: “Ambulance” by Eisley
A rubbernecker is a person who stares or gapes inquisitively, especially in a naive or foolish manner.
3. Super Trouper: “Super Trouper” by ABBA
Super Trouper is the registered trademark name of a brand of huge spotlights used in stadium concerts.
4. Degausser: “Degausser” by Brand New
A degausser is a device that neutralizes a magnetic field or erases information.
5. Cantilever: “You’re the Runner” by Mitten
A cantilever is a projecting structure, such as a beam, that is supported at one end and carries a load at the other end or along its length.